Day 10 Progress Report

I didn’t track my food in FitDay yesterday. And before I tell you what I ate, I should probably fess up. I didn’t eat anything that isn’t Whole30, or anything, in fact I went out of my way to find stuff that didn’t have any crappy ingredients. But, almost the second after I’d written my post about reducing caffeine and limiting dried fruit, I went on a dried fuit and nut rampage and ate about 100 grams of organic walnuts followed by about 100 grams of dried apricots! It was about 1000 calories I scarfed down in 1/2 an hour. Then I had horrible gas and passed a lot of wind for about 5 hours. Lovely.

If it had happened to someone else, I would think it was really funny. Today is a new day, however.

Food Log

2 sliced yum yum peppers
2 pork-stuffed peppers wrapped in bacon
1 peach
1 apple
1 coconut larabar
100 grams of organic walnuts
100 grams of dried apricots
a serving of coconut curry chicken thighs with shredded cauliflower “rice”

Exercise Log

We went for a quick 4.7 km walk yesterday. Monday-Wednesday it’s so hard to get a workout in after work with the kids’ activities and there always being house showings (we have our house up for sale). Thursday we are committed to a P90X2 workout.


So – obviously there is an opportunity to learn from the apricot debacle. I thought I was exorcising my demons when I wrote about the dried fruit and coffee issue I was having, but apparently all it did was make me fixate on snacking and sweetness. I can tell you that I have zero interest in dried fruit now, though. The flatulence cured me of that! Today is my first day with decreased coffee. But it is only 9:17 AM and I’ve just finished my coffee for the day, so I don’t think I’m in a place where I can really comment on how that’s going. I’ll let you know later today.

My son, 2 days into his own Whole30 is already questioning the wisdom of doing a Whole30. His theory is that we have a limited amount of willpower and that he’d like to use it towards his studies. He wanted me to decide if he should keep going.

I am not falling for that anymore. It’s on him what he wants to do and that’s what I told him. Turns out the cafeteria cookies have been calling to him. I told him go ahead and buy them if that’s how he wanted to spend the little money he has (he doesn’t have a job or any income). We also discussed the fact that he wanted to assert more control over his cravings and snacking and giving up two days into his Whole30 might be selling himself short. He was going to sleep on it, so I’ll see what he decided when he gets home tonight. Poor guy. He really is a crappy-carb hound. We made the curry chicken last night since that’s one of his favourites to help him see that it’s not all bad. I guess we’ll see.